About This blog

01/09/2023

About TCP - Toward Collective Praxis -

In 2003 I completed a PhD thesis: Toward Collective Praxis: Complexity, Pragmatism and Praxis. In 2013 I created a photo-book that reminded my of the detail of the thesis and posted some additional and more recent ideas. In 2023 I plan to weave together ideas from the thesis, and from the past, within this blog.

I am not aiming at some conclusive document - the ideas I express will often be just jottings - and I hope those with whom I share meaningful conversations will join me in adjusting and adapting them.  This blog, TCPraxis@blogspot.com is a living document.  

Why does the thesis matter? The thesis was written during my fifties, at a time of my life when I had a chance to looked back on my life and to try to sense of what really matters.  I was recently widowed.  I wondered about fundamental social issues.   The thesis has shaped that way I have chosen to live my life over the years since 2003.  I want to write about all these ideas in a way that is relevant to now.  

Background snippets

  • I wrote the thesis during my fifties - I became a widow within a month of my fiftieth birthday - Kev died in February 1996 - I completed the big essay (TCP) seven years later.  Those seven years were a time of grief, growth, and insight.
  • Over the last 20 years I have grappled with finding technologies that enable Collective Praxis - and today, as I start this blog, I suspect that this is as good as any - so I am trying it.  
  • One of my problems is that I keep creating fresh ways of looking at issues and questions.  This problem has led to my great accumulation of papers with stray ideas in them.  I aim to throw out heaps of paper because the key ideas will appear in this blog.  
  • The blog will waffle around all over the place - yet I hope for meaningful connections and insights to arise because it is open to whanau (by which I mean interested family and friends).  My TCP whanau includes anyone who would like to join - but is not of interest or relevance to some of my closest friends and family. 
  • In order to track ideas, I need to develop a useful, purposeful set of labels (tags).  I also need to provide access to items that expand on various issues.  This means that I will use my DropBox account to store documents that are referred to here.  It also means that certain phrases or words will gradually develop specific connotations - these will take the form of a glossary.  Perhaps "gloss" will be a tag. 
  • The development of the blog will help me sort my thinking.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment